THE POURING MAY

Your love draped itself around me,
like a cardigan on a harsh December day,
making the dusty rose cheeks warm again.
It made me feel ecstatic,
like I'd found a lost friend

The cold and windy nights of January
kept me tossing and turning in my bed,
but your angelic lullaby brought me peace,
with every word you said.
And in my dream world,
I followed wherever you led.

You sat next to me
and watched the sun go below the horizon.
With bursting colors flashing before our eyes,
the February cold and the February warmth,
accompanying us as we watched the vibrant skies.
But you stayed with me,
even after my tear-stained face dried.

March was sunny and bright,
with flowers coming abloom,
trapped in a friendless and lonely summer,
you were the only one who never left.
you spoke to me all night,
Made me feel like the most beautiful gem you possessed.

April was filled with the sun,
throwing its harsh glare at me,
I fell down in the most ungraceful way.
I cried as I lay there among the debris.
and when I felt my most frail,
You took my shaky hands and I felt at home again.

But your love left me lonely,
on that rainy may night,
Sitting on my porch,
getting drenched without a fight.
With the same December cardigan,
and the same January lullaby haunting me in my head,
that February portrait, the march love being put to the test,
and the same feeling of April home lost again,
And a wrinkled photograph of you and me,
pressed to my chest.


~ Ananya Singhal
published 21|7|21
its been coming for a long time

Comments

  1. Its just so amazing....I have no words...Thabk u for expressing your thoughts...Thank u so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful depiction of emotions in apt representation of weathers across months. And the piece culminating into the fateful May. Kudos to you Ananya...Proud of you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts