RENT FREE

She meets me every Tuesday,

at the coffee shop on the street edge.
she looks celestial like the stars shine in her hair,
she looks delicate like the petals of the flowers beside my bed.

I go home grinning like a Cheshire cat,
for she was just as otherworldly as Alice too.
I cannot wipe the same stupid look on my face,
for days it remains true.

She takes up my day's and every one of my nights,
she makes me happy I guess,
and that's why I'm so glad to have her in my life,
to have a reason to smile.
I can't help but succumb to the spirit,
of someone that divine.

I see her again this Tuesday like every week before,

but this time
as she's about to leave,
she looks back and says,

" Dream a little dream of me "

my heart ache's for she doesn't know
she lives in my dreams everyday

rent-free.

Comments

Popular Posts