A Helpless Cry

 Eyes snapped open in the middle of the night,

my body tensed up and I curled my fists, tight.

My eyes started closing again and let out a soft sigh

until I heard the call of a helpless cry.


My palm made contact with the cold glass window.

The cries died down and time became slow. 

I turned away from the spot, slowly walking away.

For I did not know there were teary eyes watching me drift away.


So I woke up later again,

my eyes feeling heavy.

But, not more than than the guilt

that was driving me insane.


I rolled on the cold hard floor,

trying desperately to convince myself that it was a lie.

That I never heard the deafening call of the heartbroken helpless cry.


~ Ananya Singhal

   15|12|2020


Comments

  1. One of the finest pieces of poetry I have ever seen written by artists your age.Bravo!
    I commend your ability to write about such experiences and shed light appropriately using the most intriguing locutions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming from one of the writers who I get my inspiration from this really touches my heart. And coming from my sister its even more of a compliment. Love you soo much

      Delete
  2. Beautifully depicted feelings ...I am proud of you Ananya...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts