My Catcher in the Rye

To my Utterly fabulous
Partner in Crime
Best friend
Confidant
Support system.
To my Sister
To my Catcher in the Rye.
Just like how one of the characters in your favorite book says

"And I’m standing on the edge of some crazy cliff. What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff – I mean if they’re running and they don’t look where they’re going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That’s all I do all day. I’d just be the catcher in the rye and all."

................................................................................................................................................




I looked up to the sky one day and asked whoever was there 

"Why would you give me a person so perfect that I am grateful for each and every day?"

A voice from not above, But rather within me said,

"Why shouldn't you be grateful for someone so perfect in every way?"


You mean more to me then you can ever imagine,

The sight of your face and the elegant grace of your smile.

Reminds me every day that I am so fortunate to have in my life someone so divine


I wouldn't say you're the person that picks me up when I lay collapsed on the ground.

Your the person that catches me even before I fall

Holds my shoulders, tilts my chin, and makes me stand up tall.

The kind of person that makes me look at every silver lining in every single cloud.


Don't ever doubt that I love you 

You are surrounded by warmth all around.

Because when the toughest times come

Your family will always keep you from falling to the ground.



~Ananya Singhal

10 | 10 | 2020

Comments

  1. I always wanted to be a better person so tgat my sister would look at me and be proud.Today i realised that I look at her now and try to become a better person.You are the light of my life.Your unconditional love is what keeps me going.Love u to the moon and back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea how much I love and value you in my life. When you go away for college I will miss you so much, but going to new places and facing adventures by yourself is part of growing up right?
      This poem was just a way of me telling you that however far you may be, if you look back you will always see that you are surrounded by your family who love you and are always willing to support you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts