Tears Unshed

Published In Famous Children's magazine ' Kloud9 '

...................................................................................................................................

I wish for those tears to be unshed.
I wish that those fights we had were never there.
I wish for that agonizing ache to go away from my heart and my head
and, that those obscene words were never said.


Now I don't expect to see hope around,
as I am consumed by this dark dark cloud.
And even after all that has been said and done,
it is still your voice that I miss
and the memories of your laughter that I reminisce.


You broke all the promises you made, 
but you weren't alone.
It was then that i realized that i was the one to blame.
I was the danger and,
 you were the one running away from the cyclone.


It was then that I went back to our place.
With bittersweet memories i desperately pled.
With that heavy heart and teary face,
I wish for those tears to be unshed.

~Ananya Singhal
      30|6|2020






Comments

  1. Ananya, this is too good. Superb expression of agonizing pain and feeling of repentence in a relationship.
    You are nicely graduating in the maturity of your writing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I wouldn't have been able to reach to this level without you. You really inspire me and I aspire to be more like you!

      Delete
  2. So deep and profound! Way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the support. It really does help me.

      Delete
  3. It seems you sisters had quite a bitter fight..joks apart
    You seriously are becoming a very well versed and a very sensitively emotional poetess ,keep it up.
    Love u tons ❤❤😘😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support it really helps me to write more. No relationship is perfect, and all brothers and sister have menial fights now and then. I have written this poem as a way of celebrating the strong and deep relationship between my sister and I.

      Delete
  4. It seems you sisters had quite a bitter fight..jokes apart
    Seriously you are becoming a very well versed and very sensitively emotional poetess, keep it up.
    Love you tons 😘😘❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic expression. Fight . Express. Forgive. Should be your process. Blessings for the budding poet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its amazing Ananya!! Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ananya, this is super. Amazing expression of self-realization and pain felt by the protagonist is penned so vividly.
    Keep up the super job. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The writing is extremely immaculate and is way beyond the writing of students your age.Fascinating usage of words indeed.Looking forward to more of your works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did learn from you after all =)
      Seems like I had a Pretty good Teacher

      Delete
  11. You were right, this is one of the best poems I've read. I look forward to more 😍😍 - Tinuviel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts