I HAVE A HEART TOO




* photo credits - Nishith Singhal
  


I was always scared of weird creatures,
   you can maybe call it a phobia




   Every time I see one of you,
   I would scamper behind my friend 
   Sophia
    



 Sophia was my friend
 that I left long ago,
 without shedding a tear I could not go

       

                                                                                   
You might think when you read this poem,
that I am a human too
but I, myself am a reptile,
unlike you.                                                                                                                   



I had to let her go
when you chased her to the park
and I was sitting afraid
breathing hard in the dark

                                                                                                                 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
                                                                                                                     
You call me cold-blooded,                                                                                                                   
but that is not true.
I do have a heart
 unlike you.
                                                                                                                       
                                                                                                                             

 ~ Ananya Singhal
                                                                                                                                 
27 | 1 | 2020

Comments

  1. The theme of this short narration of the deepened understanding of the feelings of a reptile shows how intricately woven you are to have come to think of such a topic.This makes any human , however despicable he/she is, slowly slither inside the boots of the reptile,rather the mind of a reptile and see the world through its eyes. Splendid indeed.Looking forward to more of your work. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts